Monday, August 24, 2009

Reading Francis Chan's "Crazy Love" has really made me think about my love for God, but more importantly, His love for me. Over the years, I (as well as most men) experience the desire to approach a woman in courtship and we desire to love them. Many times (or should i say most of the time in my case), these girls choose to reject a man's offering to a dating relationships. This is how our relationship with God can be. God loves unconditionally, yet we reject his love for our own endeavors far too often. We decide we would rather partake in sin, or watch tv or browse the net for a few more hours instead of seeking him and growing into an intimacy that we desire (at least say we do).

"God doesnt needs us, but STILL wants us, we desperatley need God yet do not want him most of the time"

This quote is so true and is the influence for this post. I find that most of the time i do not desire God, yet all of the time i need God's love to sustain me. Its a funny thing because it mirrors human relationships to me (obviously we are His creation after all) We desire love, yet sometimes the other party rejects this love. God desires us, yet we reject him so often (in fact every time we sin , we do this) It is not possible for us to desire God all of the time, after all we are sinners and imperfect beings. I just pray and long for the day that i can want God as much as a human can. (even then we i will stil be short, but i still long for that) I pray for intimacy and a constant awareness of my God in all moments. God has given us everything, why should we settle for only giving him a little bit?

No comments: