Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Ahhhh...Nostalgia




This is an old post from years back...i liked it and it isnt on here so i decided to post it....


Have you ever sat on a porch of an apartment in Atlanta and wondered at thye beauty of the Lord and His creation....ha...well at least the second part? It is amazing as i sit and stare at the hibernating trees in the half forest off my balcony and the blue sky as the big white, fluffy, shape shifting clouds slide by. Awe inspiring beauty....yet i think that so often i neglect, not only the beauty of His creation, but the essence of His gospel message in my life. So often i try , check that, MOST often i try to please my self and the people around me rather that the God who saved me and pours out His love day by day and moment by moment in my Life. Choices to please myself or seek Christ should be easy decisions....and they are, but time and again they are not the choices i should make. Value in playing playstation or watching my favorite TV show is not that high. Yet, i make concious decisions to entertain myself with the things of this world instead of following after my Lord with all my heart, mind and soul. Do i really care about my purpse on this planet? Apparently not.....Football is a sport of action, strength, leadership and courage. The onlookers only experience this through heightened passion of "cheering your team on." The passion that is seen on the field's of battle are outpoured upon the crowd and the spectators put all they have into their cheering efforts in hope that the team pulls through. Slight problem here. Crowds may make a small difference in encouraging the team to victory, but the reality of it is: THEY CAN DO NOTHING TO DIRECTLY INFLUENCE THE OUTCOME OF A GAME WITHOUT BEING ON THE FIELD! My Christian walk is all about being a spectator in a game where i should be on the field giving my all to the cause of Christ. Sure, some may say im at least on the sidelines as I am in ministry, maybe the backup quarterback who sits and listens to the coach and signals in plays........Hope. Thats what i have that the Lord will do a work in my life, give me a passionate desire to see people changed and grow towards the King of Glory who changed my life and took my sin and made me righteous..........

No comments: