Thursday, February 12, 2009

So i just watched Elizabethtown. I loved it. I thought it was wa great story of a man and his father, and finding his love. I dont desire such an elaborate journey, but i would love to meet someone that made me feel alive like Drew in the movie did. He was at his wits end, fired, suicidal.....and the death of his father brought him life and love. I obvioudly dont want that story, but i want to find that person that makes me alive and feel like i am free again. For too long i have grown cynical and pessimistic in regards to the dating scene. I got burnt by a few ladies and it hurt so i blocked myself form the idea of dating. I have been out of it and have not felt a true attraction in years. That stopped the other night as i pondered on someone i know and enjoy. I finally, after 4 years, actually decided that i enjoyed a girl so much that i desired her companionship (in the non physical way of course)....it was a milestone. Who knows if she is gonna ever be a part of my romantic life, but it doesnt matter...she broke the mindset i have had for years.Recently i interacted with a girl and felt something i havent felt it years.....i felt a romantic connection. A connection tha i cannot describe as anything else more that n "Lightning running through my veins, everytime i look at you" (thank you David Gray) i am encourage and i look forward to moving forward in life, putin my self back out there...looking past the hurt and looking to the future....

No comments: